PatLib is a European network of some 320 patent information centres where members of the public can obtain information about patents and other intellectual property rights. There are 15 of those centres in the United Kingdom including three in Yorkshire. I write about the network in PatLib Libraries in the UK 28 Jan 2015 Inventors Club.
Hull Central Library is the latest to join the PatLib network. Its reference library holds an enormous collection of resources for business in print and on-line including an Enterprise Hub where workshops and seminars take place. The full range of services include:
- information on Intellectual Property (IP), copies of Intellectual Property Office (IPO) and European Patent Office (EPO) literature
- enquiry service
- assisted searching by appointment only
- fee based document supply
- referrals to other advice/service providers
- free public access to internet, IP information resources, business and company databases, market research databases
- patent clinics offering free appointments with IP advisrrs by appointment
- workshops and Seminars.
Information on those services can be obtained from the reference library on (0)14 8222 3344.
These additional services have arrived at an opportune time. In her report for The Business Desk Humber LEP continues to drive growth for region of 30 Jan 2015 Ellie Newton-Syms wrote about the strong recovery of the Humber estuary based largely on investments in the energy industry. With falling oil prices this will be a challenging time even for the renewable sector and businesses will need to be agile to ride the challenge. Having access to the latest technical literature and expert advice has never been more important.
If anyone wants to discuss this article or IP generally call me on 01484 599090 or use my contact form.