27 January 2009

Web 2.0: Bradford BarCamp

BarCamp has nothing to do with Cumberland Lodge. In fact it has nothing much to do with barristers save that I will be there.   I have always intended to put my name down for one of these events and never quite got round to doing so. I missed the Manchester and Leeds BarCamps. I am certainly not going to miss the one in Bradford

What is this BarCamp, I hear you say? The website describes it as "an ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for people to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from attendee" but, of course, you can read it for yourself can't you. You can also watch the YouTube clip of what happened in the Orlando BarCamp.

The Bradford BarCamp will take place at ShipleyCollege on 18 April 2009 from 10:00 to 17:00. I've offered to talk about the legal issues.   I think these issues are important but I am not sure that I will get an audience.   Ian Green has some very good topics.   Ian spoke at Bmedi@ last year and gave a very entertaining talk.   He claimed to be the man who got everybody to thing that a particular day in January was the most miserable day of the year.   It is worth attending the event just to hear his contributions.

You can register for the event through the website and I would recommend your getting a move on.   Places for BarCamps usually fill up very quickly.